Directions to Fields
Stats / History
Rules and Regulations
Sign up as a free agent
Serving North Jersey since 1980. Celebrating our 39 year.
Rules and Regulations
1. The pitching is strictly lob pitch. No speed at all on the pitch. The arc is 6-10 feet from the ground. An illegal pitch will be called if either the pitch is too high or too fast. All illegal pitches are a ball no pitch.
2. Rosters are open. However all players will be required to sign the roster sheet which must be returned after the first game. A player may only play for one team during the course of the season regardless if that team forfeits out of the league or not. Violation of this will result in team forfeits. You must have 9 players to begin or continue play in this league. You may bat up to 12 players. You may use a dh for the pitcher or any other fielder you do not want to bat. The 10th thru 12th players may be added to the lineup as they arrive. You must have played in 14 regular season games to play in the playoffs. No metal spikes and the penalty is ejection.
3. Game results: are to be called or e-mailed into the league office by 2pm. Winning team only must call. 732-297-2307. Standings and game results will be posted immediately on the website.
4. Bases are 65 feet. Each team must have bases.
5. Inclement weather format: A decision on rainouts is not made in most cases until 7am unless weather is obviously very bad. Team manager only must call the league office number 732-297-2307 only for update and status. An update will also be posted on the website. No other parties are to call the league office at any time. All make-up assignments will be posted on the website and an e-mail will be sent notifying you the changes have been posted.
6. A coin toss will determine home team for the first game and opposite team will be home the 2nd game.
7. At the pre-game captains meeting, the umpire will be paid $50 from each team. This covers both games. The game shall not start until this is done. At this point also, each team will present two Dudley SY12HCY OR SB12RF balls. These are the only balls to be used. If for some unforeseen event the umpire has not arrived, the games should still be played using 1 umpire from each team. Report any consistently late umpire to the league office.
8. Any ejected player will be automatically suspended for the next 2 games the team plays. If a second offense occurs, the player is suspended indefinetly pending a decision by the executive committee of the league. Sportsmanship will be strictly enforced in our leagues. We are not going to tolerate any unsportsmanlike behavior.
9. If a player is ejected, becomes injured or has to leave early and there is no replacement, an out will result every time that players spot comes up in the lineup. You may never play with less than 9 players.
10. You may flip-flop the eh with any fielder during the game. The batting order may never change. A fielder does not have to hit during the game as a dh may be used in his spot. (example: the pitcher plays the field, does not hit as a dh is used in his spot. That dh may not be in field at the same time as the pitcher however.)
11. Each team is allowed one courtesy runner per game it is always the last out wherever it occurs on the field. Any additional runners should be agreed upon before the game.
12. The 12 run rule is in effect after 4 1/2 or 5 innings. However, the trailing team must always bat if home.
13. With 2 strikes, the batter is out if they hit a foul ball.
14. Game times are noted on the schedules and are sharp. Forfeit time is 15 minutes past starting time for 1st game and an additional 15 minutes for 2nd game to be declared a forfeit. Any team forfeiting 2 games will be expelled. BOTH TEAMS must pay the full fee in a forfeit situation. This will be strictly enforced.
15. When a baseman is in possession of the ball and is ready to make a play on a runner, that runner must slide or avoid contact. If there is flagrant contact, not only will an out be awarded but the player will be ejected from the game. (a double play could also be awarded) Please keep in mind that a defensive player may never block the base without the ball and at no time fake a tag. A fake tag is obstruction and additional bases can be awarded.
16. Protests may only be made on an incorrect interpretation of the rules. Judgement calls stand and are not protestable. All protests must be sent via e-mail within 24 hours. All regular appeal plays are done verbally as per ASA rules.
17. Uniform shirts are required.
18. Alcoholic beverages are forbidden at all times at any game conducted by this league. Your team will be automatically expelled and forfeit all fees. All county and municipal governments are very strict about this. Immediately upon conclusion of game, leave the field and leave it neat!!!!! If you witness anyone not adhering to this important policy, please contact the league office at once.
19. A game must go 4 1/2 innings to be official. Any game stopped before this point will be replayed in it´s entirety. (including playoffs) After this point the game is official and over during regular season and picked up from the point during playoff games. Once a game is started (one pitch thrown) the umpire keeps his full fee. Should a game be cancelled at the site before it starts, each team shall pay the umpire $10 travel fee so he gets $20 for coming out.
20. LEGAL AND ILLEGAL BATS: All illegal bats off the most current 2018 ASA NON-APPROVED BAT LIST are not allowed in this league. ALL COMPOSITE WOOD BATS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED. Any bat that is doctored or painted over is not allowed in this league. A violation of this rule will result in the batter being out and ejected from the game. All other rules not specifically mentioned herein, are governed by ASA rules.
21. Playoffs and awards: All teams will make the playoffs. All rounds are best of 3 series. The playoff champion will receive a team trophy , a mvp trophy and championship shirts. the playoff runnerup will receive a team trophy. these are the official awards for the 2018 season.