Directions to Fields
Stats / History
Rules and Regulations
Sign up as a free agent
Serving North Jersey since 1980. Celebrating our 39 year.
Rules and Regulations
1. The pitching is strictly lob pitch. No speed at all on the pitch. The arc is 6-10 feet from the ground. An illegal pitch will be called if either the pitch is too high or too fast. All illegal pitches are a ball no pitch.
2. Rosters are open. However all players will be required to sign the waiver/ roster sheet which must be returned after the first game. IT IS THE MANAGERS RESPONSIBILITY TO HAVE ALL PLAYERS SIGN THE WAIVER/ ROSTER SHEET . MANAGERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PARTICIPATION OF ONLY PLAYERS THAT HAVE SIGNED THE WAIVER AND ROSTER SHEET. ALL PLAYERS PLAY AT THEIR OWN RISK AND DO SO WILLINGLY AND KNOWINGLY AFLIGHT NOR JOE CALVANO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES OR DAMAGES. A player may only play for one team during the course of the season. Violation of this will result in team forfeits. You must have 9 players to begin or continue play in this league. You may bat up to 12 players. The 10th thru 12th players may be added to the lineup as they arrive. You must have played in 10 regular season games to play in the playoffs. No metal spikes and the penalty is ejection.
3. Game results: are to be called in or e-mailed to the league office by 2pm sharp. Winning team must call in the scores or if you split, call them in. 732-297-2307. Standings and game results are posted on the site by Sunday night along with schedule of make-up games if applicable.
4. Bases are 65 feet. Each team must have bases.
5. Inclement weather format: A decision on rainouts is not made in most cases until 7am unless weather is obviously very bad. Team manager only must call the league office number 732-297-2307 for update and status. No other parties are to call the league office at any time. The website will also have the status of games posted by 7am. All make-up assignments will be done via the website.
6. A coin toss will determine home team for the first game and opposite team will be home the 2nd game.
7. At the pre-game captains meeting, the umpire will be paid $50 from each team. The game shall not start until this is done. At this point also, each team will present two DUDLEY SY12HCY OR WC12HCY softballs. These are the only balls to be used.
If for some unforeseen event the umpire has not arrived, the games must still be played using 1 umpire from each team. Report any consistently late umpire to the league office.
8. Any ejected player will be automatically suspended for the next 2 games the team plays. If a second offense occurs, the player is suspended indefinetly pending a decision by the executive committee of the league.
9. If a player is ejected, becomes injured or has to leave early and there is no replacement, an out will result every time that players spot comes up in the lineup. You may never play with less than 9 players.
10. You may flip-flop the dh with any fielder during the game. The batting order may never change. A fielder does not have to hit during the game as a dh may be used in his spot. (example: the pitcher plays the field, does not hit as a dh is used in his spot. That dh may not be in the field at the same time as the pitcher however.)
11. Each team is allowed one courtesy runner per game it is always the last out wherever it occurs on the field. Any additional runners should be agreed upon before the game.
12. The 12 run rule is in effect after 5 innings. However, the trailing team must always bat if home.
13. With 2 strikes, the batter is out if they hit a foul ball.
14. Game times are noted on the schedules and are sharp. Forfeit time is 15 minutes past starting time for 1st game and an additional 15 minutes for 2nd game to be declared a forfeit. Any team forfeiting 2 games will be expelled. BOTH TEAMS MUST PAY THE FULL FEE IN A FORFEIT SITUATION. This will be strictly enforced.
15. When a baseman is in possession of the ball and is ready to make a play on a runner, that runner must slide or avoid contact. If there is flagrant contact, not only will an out be awarded but the player will be ejected from the game. (a double play could also be awarded) Please keep in mind that a defensive player may never block the base without the ball and at no time fake a tag. A fake tag is obstruction and additional bases can be awarded.
16. Protests may only be made on an incorrect interpretation of the rules. Judgement calls stand and are not protestable. All protests must be sent via e-mail within 24 hours. All regular appeal plays are done verbally as per ASA rules.
17. Uniform shirts are required.
18. Alcoholic beverages are forbidden at all times at any game conducted by this league. Your team will be automatically expelled and forfeit all fees. All county and municipal governments are very strict about this and I refuse to lose my permits over stupidity. Immediately upon conclusion of game, leave the field and leave it neat!!!!! If you witness anyone not adhering to this important policy, please contact the league office at once.
19. A game must go 4 1/2 innings to be official. Any game stopped before this point will be replayed in it´s entirety. (including playoffs) After this point the game is official and over during regular season and picked up from the point during playoff games. Once a game is started (one pitch thrown) the umpire keeps his full fee. Should a game be cancelled at the site before it starts, each team shall pay the umpire $5 travel fee so he gets $10 for coming out.
20. Bat Rules: ONLY ASA APPROVED BATS OFF THE MOST CURRENT 2018 ASA APPROVED BAT LIST ARE ALLOWED IN ALL AFLIGHT SPORTS LEAGUES.
IN ADDITION, THE BATS LISTED ON THE MOST RECENT 2018 ASA NON APPROVED BAT LIST ARE OF COURSE NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED. ANY COMPOSITE WOOD BAT IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED.
FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF APPROVED ASA BATS GO THE ASA WEBSITE ASASOFTBALL.COM AND GO TO THE CERTIFIED EQUIPMENT SECTION FOR THE BAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
ANY PLAYER FOUND USING AN ILLEGAL BAT SHALL BE IMMEADIATELY EJECTED AND SERVE A ONE GAME SUSPENSION ON THE FIRST OFFENSE. SUBSEQUENT OFFENSES SHALL RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION BY THE EXECUTIVE STAFF OF AFLIGHT SPORTS. All other rules not specifically mentioned herein, are governed by ASA rules.
21.Playoffs and awards. All teams will make the playoffs.
All rounds will be best of 3 each Sunday thru the finals. Higher seed is home team always in first and third games of best of three.
The playoff championS will receive championship shirts, a team trophy, $400 cash prize and a mvp trophy to distribute.
The playoff runner-ups will receive $100 and a team trophy
These are the official awards for the 2018 fall season.